The VLSC Board recently updated our current COVID policies to re-align with current conditions in Clark County.
As of today, fully vaccinated people (2 weeks after your final shot) do not need to wear masks while outdoors. People not fully vaccinated people must wear masks outdoors if social distance cannot be maintained. See the full document on the Members home page.
This means we can now begin holding member work parties, to help clean up the grounds and make progress on several projects!
Our 1st work party is this Saturday, June 12th at 9:00am.
We'll begin work on the following:
- Front Gate, South side of dumpster: Remove dead tree. Utility company has cut this tree to below the power/tv/telephone lines. This needs to be cut to ground level.
- Front Gate, South side: With the exception of Arborvitae, limb all trees up to height of fence. Remove (dig out) all underbrush and bramble bushes.
- Half-barrel planters: Starting from the West end, empty 4 of the half-barrel planters, and replace with new ones. Hope for 4-6 people who can shovel and lift.
- RC Winter cover frames: Dis-assemble old wooden frames.
- Install West deck canopy on its frame.
- Two cottonwoods to left of fire pit. Cut all of the sucker branches from the truck as high as you can reach. Purpose is to neaten things and give more of a view of the lake.
- Need fire hose installed on 4 new center-dock sections; Looking for volunteers willing to take direction on how this is done 🙂
See you on Saturday morning!
Skip and Philip